This is a recipe from Nagaland.
Dry Fish 5-6 cut into medium size pieces
Mustard Oil 5-6 tsp (you can use any oil)
Cumin seeds ½ tsp
Mustard seeds ½ tsp
Ginger garlic crushed 2 tsp
Onion 1 large chopped
Green chilly 6-7 slit
Tomato 1 large chopped
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
Chilly powder ½ tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Cumin powder ½ tsp
- Take the Brinjal and make cuts on them.
- Soak in water and keep aside to further use.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds and let them crackle.
- Add ginger garlic and fry for a min.
- Add the onions and fry till it turns soft.
- Add tomatoes as fry till mushy.
- Add the masala powders and fry for a min.
- Add the dry fish pieces and stir well with the masalas.
- Cover the pan and fry on low heat stirring frequently for about 10 mins.
- Add the Brinjal and stir well together.
- Cover the pan and further cook for 10-15 mins on low heat stirring frequently till the Brinjal becomes soft and cooked.
Source: North East Guide